Fires don’t have to spread throughout multiple rooms to cause irreparable damage. Even after the flames have been extinguished, the smoke and soot can spread throughout the rest of the property and cover any unaffected surfaces. This can also affect the health and safety of everyone on the property.
This makes it extremely important to contact a restoration professional. When calling Target Restoration, our technicians will be on their way and arrive within one hour to address the damage. After conducting an initial inspection, we will begin work right away to not only restore all affected areas, but to prevent the damage from spreading to other areas of the property.
Fire Damage Cleanup
Target Restoration is available in the state of Texas to provide fire and smoke restoration services for both homes and businesses. Our professionals use advanced products and equipment ensure to restore each smoke and soot-affected surface to its original condition.
Our technicians will also remove any permanently damaged building materials and install replacements, as needed. This includes walls, flooring, windows, roofing, carpeting, and more. Regardless of the restoration you need, you can count on us to have it done in a timely manner.
What to expect from professional smoke cleanup:
- 24/7 availability
- Emergency response
- Initial assessment
- Advanced cleaning using professional products
- Structural repairs
- Content cleaning and pack outs
- Odor removal
- Coordination with insurance claims
Smoke and Soot Removal
Many cases of fire damage involve the smoke and soot byproducts causing more damage than the fire itself. When settling onto household items, furnishings, and building materials, they will become discolored and etched with an oily residue. The byproducts also leave behind a foul odor that will require professional products to remove.
When restoring your property, our professionals will remove all smoke odor, starting with the source. But we do ask that everyone on the property, including plants and pets, vacate the property during the odor mitigation process as the equipment create unsafe conditions.
Smoke Damage Restoration – What to Do:
- Call Target Restoration right away after noticing the fire and smoke damage.
- Open all drawers, cabinets, and closets to air out the room.
- Tape two layers of damp cheesecloth over each air register to prevent the smoke and soot byproducts from settling into additional surfaces.
- Unplug the refrigerator and throw out all food.
- Throw away all food in the pantry and on countertops that were exposed to the fire and smoke.
- Change the HVAC filter.
- Wipe off all plant leaves containing soot.
- Wipe off materials made of Formica, chrome, aluminum, and porcelain.
- Send any clothing needed for immediate use to a professional restoration dry cleaner.
Fire Damage Cleanup – What NOT to Do:
- Do not touch anything without gloves. The oil from your hands can cause additional damage to affected contents and building materials.
- Do not attempt to clean any household surfaces yourself. Any improper cleaning techniques or products can worsen the damage.
- Do not use any appliances that contain smoke damage from the fire.
- Do not turn on the ceiling fan or any overhead lighting.
Remember that the damage from a fire can still spread even after the flames are extinguished; the smoke and soot byproducts cause etching and tarnishing to the rest of the building materials.
Contact Target Restoration at right away (877) 741-9026 for professional fire and smoke damage restoration services in the state of Texas. We can also work with your insurance company during the claims process.