Reacting Quickly to Water Damage
When it comes to water damage in properties, various forms can take place, making it difficult to prevent the problem altogether. Some of the main causes of water damage include flooding, broken pipes, excessive humidity, and sewage backups.
If not addressed right away, water damage can become a significant problem. As soon as you spot the damage, contact our professionals right away. Target Restoration is available in Waco and throughout the state of Texas to provide immediate water damage restoration services for home and buildings. As soon as we receive your call, we will arrive within one hour to extract any standing water, dry out excess humidity, and prevent any mold growth. When it comes to getting the job done right, you can count on us to have everything restored efficiently.
Problems with Water Damage
Regardless of the source and where it occurs, water can quickly spread throughout the property and destroy additional materials in its path. It has also been proven that mold growth is soon to develop within just 24 hours after the damage occurs.
Porous items, including drywall, ceiling, insulations, wood, and laminate flooring, are quick to absorb water like a sponge. They quickly become weakened while hosting the perfect conditions for mold to grow. Once the fungus develops, the health and safety of everyone on the property is affected.
IICRC Water Restoration
We maintain the standards of excellence set forth by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). We have more than 100 years combined experience to handle any water emergency.
Our extended network of Certified Master Water Restorers includes specialists from throughout the state of Texas and beyond.
Water Restoration Process
At Target Restoration our technicians are trained to handle even the most severe cases of water damage in Texas. We use advanced equipment and products to effectively dry out, clean, and restore all surfaces affected by water damage.
Attacking the problem at its source, we will also contain the affected area to prevent the damage from spreading. We have also perfected drying and dehumidification techniques to achieve the best results.
Our water damage cleanup process includes the following:
- 24/7 Availability and emergency response
- Containment of the damage to the affected area
- Structural drying and dehumidification
- Application of anti-microbials
- Contents restoration and pack out
- Mold removal
- Insurance claims coordination
Water Damage Cleanup – What to Do:
- Call Target Restoration right away to prevent the problem from becoming worse.
- Blot dry or mop up as much water as you can.
- Remove all items from the affected area, including photos, paintings, and antiques, placing them in a safe, dry area.
- Turn on the air conditioner or open a window to allow for open air circulation.
- Lift up any draperies, including blinds, couch and bed skirts, and curtains from the floor. Hang them on a coat hanger to dry properly.
- Pack books tightly in their shelves.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil beneath wooden chair legs to prevent the water from becoming absorbed within the furniture.
Flood Restoration – What NOT to Do:
- Do not touch any visible mold or try to remove it yourself.
- Do not use a vacuum to extract any water yourself.
- Do not enter any room with significant structural or electrical damage.
- Do not try to remove any carpeting that is tacked down.
Don’t hesitate to contact Target Restoration if you notice significant water damage in your home or building. We ensure to respond right away to prevent the damage from spreading while working quickly to have the affected area restored as quickly as possible. We will also work with your insurance provider to assist with the claims process, if needed.
Give Target Restoration a call at (877) 741-9026 for professional water damage restoration services in Waco and central Texas.